Storybook Breakfast 2014

Jessica Qian, Head Editor

Christmas spirit was brought in early this year for dozens of children who rushed into the high school to meet their favorite storybook characters, eat breakfast, participate in games, make crafts and more at Storybook Breakfast. Several new storybook characters were inducted this year, including Anna and Elsa from Frozen.

Junior Julia Petersen, who played Anna from Frozen, loved that the kids knew her story. This was her second year participating as a storybook character.

“It was really fun that all of the kids knew who I was,” Petersen said.

Senior Natalie Shea took the role of Belle this year and felt the character offered a new audience. She also got to promote the winter musical, “Beauty in the Beast,” and sing several of her solos from the show.

“It broke my heart to see all the little girls who wanted to see me,” Shea said.

Senior Evan Hager was the Grinch in the event this year appreciated that the kids recognized his character. He felt like he related to the kids in a more fun way than past years because they  made so many movie references to “The Grinch.”

“Being the grinch was a lot different because all the kids were afraid of me and nobody wanted to be around me,” Hager said. “Whenever they said they wanted a picture with the Grinch they would run which was was kind of weird because I got more attention from the kids than I did in previous years because now they knew who I was.”