Choir Concert 5/15/14

Jessica Qian, Head Editor

At the command of the audience, choir director Jeffery Mueller took his first ever ‘selfie,’ grinning along with his senior students at the last choir concert of the year. Mueller had fun at the concert, but admitted he was emotional seeing the seniors perform for the last time.
“I have to keep my composure while directing those last couple of songs and just keep smiling so I don’t start crying,” Mueller said.
Two of the concert’s standout pieces included ‘Africa’ arranged by Randy Crenshaw and the senior song, ‘I’ll be there for you,” the theme song off the sitcom ‘Friends,’ by Michael Skioff.
“[I was] really excited but really sad because now it’s all over,” senior Alyssa Manning said.”
Senior Amy Leopold’s feelings differed a bit from Manning’s, however. She did not feel as if her choir experience was over.
“It’s very surreal. It doesn’t feel like I’m a senior so it’s just weird seeing myself in the slideshow and getting a rose,” Leopold said.
Leopold and several other seniors received choir awards, and Leopold said she was honored to receive the Director’s award from Mueller.
“I wasn’t really expecting it but it was definitely awesome to know that he has appreciated all the work that I have done and I’m very grateful,” Leopold said.