Sunday Special: Finseth becomes a published author

Submitted by Brianna Finseth

Anthony Peralta, Entertainment Editor

In the past year both of Sophomore Brianna Finseth’s stories went from her mind, to paper to print and are now currently sold on Amazon.

On Sept. 7, 2013 Finseth’s first story, “The Witch Game” was released, but her writing was inspired at a very young age.

“Before fifth grade I hated writing, [I was] completely content in reading other peoples works versus my own.” Brianna said. “Then my fifth grade teacher came along. [He] made it fun for me to create my own little world that I could change, I just fell in love.”

This caused her to start pursuing her passion for writing.

Over time, the writing spark kindled into a fire, and Finseth’s writing career started to pick up, but it would not have happened without the support of her family.

Brianna’s mother was so proud to hear about her daughters work. “When I heard Brianna was writing a book, I was really excited for her to complete it so I could read it.” mother Janelle said “Nothing makes a Mom more proud than to watch her daughter work on something she is so passionate about.”

Finseth was unsure at first, Finseth was unsure if she was going to actually write a book, but her persistence pulled through and she eventually finished her final copy.

“I knew Brianna would be successful in completing her book because she was very focused on writing each chapter” Janelle said. “Her momentum continued to build the further she got in the story, I’m certain this trait was very helpful to Brianna when she achieved her goal to be a published author.”

After her first book was released, Finseth was eager to start her next project and on Jan. 25 her second book “Love and Betrayal” was released on Amazon. Finseth has accomplished her goal of becoming a published author, and is considering continuing writing.